About this item
- CHESS: A board game of strategic skill for two players, played on a checkered board. Each player begins the game with sixteen pieces that are moved and used to capture opposing pieces according to precise rules. The object is to put the opponent's king under a direct attack from which escape is impossible. Also known as Checkmate.
- CHECKERS: Checkers is a strategy board game for two players which involves diagonal moves of uniform game pieces and mandatory captures by jumping over opponent pieces.
- BACKGAMMON: Backgammon is one of the oldest known board games. Its history can be traced back nearly 5,000 years to archaeological discoveries in Mesopotamia, modern-day Iraq. It is a two-player game where each player has fifteen pieces that move between twenty-four triangles according to the roll of two dice.
- SNAKES & LADDERS: Snakes and ladders, known originally as Moksha Patam, is an ancient Indian board game for two or more players regarded today as a worldwide classic. It is played on a game board with numbered, gridded squares. A number of "ladders" and "snakes" are pictured on the board, each connecting two specific board squares.
- TIC TAC TOE: A game in which two players seek, in alternate turns, to complete a row, a column, or a diagonal with either three O's or three X's placed in the spaces of a grid of nine squares.
- PAHRCHEESI: Pahrcheesi is a race game for four players. The goal is for each player to move their pieces from the starting position (the circles in the corners) to the home square (in the center of the board), passing a nearly complete loop around the board in the counter-clockwise direction before going up towards the main row.